If a tenant is vacating, you will need to take the following steps in Console Pay in Gateway to ensure their payment schedule matches their vacate date.
1. Enter the tenant’s vacate date in the tenant file in Gateway – you should receive a prompt to enter the same information in the tenant’s payment schedule in Console Pay.
2. Ensure the same date is entered in Console Pay by selecting View from the Tenants tab, then View & Edit Schedule, then Create/Edit Schedule.
3. Tick the checkbox for Schedule has End Date and select the vacating date as appropriate.
4. You will be prompted with the following message. Please ensure all data entered is correct prior to continuing.
5. All automatic payments will be replaced with the remaining payment entries – click Edit on the last payment to view the details.
6. The new payment entries will contain information about the debit date, the amount owing to vacate date, the scheduled payment amount and any remaining amounts due to be paid by the tenant.
This screen can be used to edit the final payment amount and change the date if required. The Rental Totals section is a real time calculation of the tenant’s outstanding amounts – The Remainder section will populate with the amount due to vacate minus any scheduled payments (To Vacate – Scheduled = Remainder). To avoid the tenant going into arrears, your goal is for the Remainder field to sit at $0.
NOTE: Deleting all scheduled payments for a vacating tenant will NOT remove their schedule – you will need to follow the above process to ensure the tenant is not debited past their vacate date.