You are responsible for configuring ClientManager and WebChoice to ensure that there is no unauthorised access to the system.
It is possible for individuals to commit fraudulent or illegal activities if they have access to your system. It is very important to ensure rigorous processes and procedures are in place to maintain the security of your system and data.
Tips to get started
- Ensure all staff members have their own separate login and password.
- Ensure that all staff members are allocated access permissions that entitle them to the system access that their role requires, and nothing more.
- Never use generic usernames, such as “Reception” or “SalesManager”. Instead, ensure usernames clearly reflect the person they are assigned to, for example, “JohnDoe”.
- Ensure you have a clear office security policy, which includes checks such as:
– Sharing of user accounts and passwords are prohibited.
– An individual’s access to the system is removed on the day they cease employment.
– A regular review of all active system users to ensure that any departed staff do not have system access.
– All staff should be encouraged to change their passwords periodically, and not write them down.
User Permissions are designed to provide security within your system. They allow you to control the functions a User may perform within ClientManager and WebChoice.
Each new User should be assigned a unique login, password, and be allocated appropriate system permissions for the level of access their role requires.
For System Security to be effective, it is imperative that passwords are kept secure and not shared or obvious.
Monitoring User Access
To see who has access to your account, log in to your account, enter the Master Password, then access the left-hand menu, select Admin, then Current Staff List.
The Current Staff List screen shows all active staff. If a staff member is listed, they have access to the system in some way.