Now that you’ve Set Up Console Pay in Gateway, you can start processing your rent transactions.
Rent payments made through Ezidebit will only transfer to your trust account once the funds have been cleared. This reduces dishonour fees and the risk of disbursing funds to landlords before they have been cleared.
Before processing transactions, there are a few things to note in regards to your Reconciliation.
- Ezidebit transactions are transferred to your trust account once the funds are cleared then Console Pay receipts them in automatically with today’s date.
- If you are reconciling to yesterday’s bank statement, it’s important not to present off the deposit in your reconciliation until the funds show in your bank statement.
- During disbursements you have two options:
- To include Ezidebit transactions in the current disbursement wait for them to appear on your Bank Statement prior to running the disbursement.
- To include Ezidebit transactions in the next period process Console Pay after the disbursement.
Processing Payment Transactions
- Go to the main menu, click Transactions, then Console Pay.
- Under Save file to...click Browse to select a location to save your file. Saving this file allows Gateway to process the payments using the Banklink Wizard (we recommend using the same location every time).
- The Transactions to be processed area lists the rent transactions that have been debited from your tenant’s accounts, ready for receipting and automatically populate.
- Click Start.
- The file confirmation screen displays – click Proceed to Banklink (Console Pay Closes).
Note: If you close out of the Banklink Wizard at any stage you will need to manually browse to the file so it’s important to take note of the path now. If you have issues locating the File please contact Console Support to assist, please be aware in some cases environmental factors such as Anti-Virus Software or Permissions may be the cause of files not appearing. Console Support is not able to assist with this issue and will refer you to your IT Technician to investigate.
- The Welcome to the Banklink Wizard screen displays – click Next.
- The Database backup screen displays – Select Launch the Backup Wizard Now.
- Click Next – refer to How to Perform a Backup if required.
- Once the backup is complete the Method screen displays – select Import Bank Transactions then click Next.
- The Select Import File screen displays – the transaction file created in the previous screen automatically populates or (if required) click Browse to locate the file.
- The Transaction date defaults to today’s date and appears as the receipted date on the Tenants receipt (it can be amended if required).
- If you prefer to use a date identified from the file tick Use transaction date from file where possible otherwise leave unticked.
- Click Next – the Select Data screen displays.
- A list of all the payments received displays.
- Black – confirms the tenant reference has been matched in Gateway.
- Red – indicates no match was found with the reference provided ant the reference will need to be added to the tenant file.
- You can manually select each transaction you want to process by ticking the checkbox beside the Reference or by selecting Select All.
Note: You can adjust payments to allocate against invoices if required (provided you have ticked Include Tenant Invoices in Banklink Wizard, through Tools, Options, EFT/BPAY).
- Selecting the transactions highlighted in red will not be processed and will give you specific reasons for failure on the Banklink report.
- Highlight the records that appear in red and click Details to get a breakdown of the error if you believe the Banklink Reference does match.
Note: When integrating with Gateway for the first time, if Ezidebit has been used previously the first list presented for receipting may have some overlap ie. it may show some transactions already receipted either manually or by previous Banklink .Pay file downloaded. (This will only apply to the first download using Console Pay so care must be taken).
- Once completed, click Next – the Options screen displays.
- Tick options required:
- Print Report – Print the Banklink report includes explanation of errors
- Print Receipts – Prints receipts to your default receipt printer (refer Tools, Options, Printing)
- Prompt between receipts – Yes/No dialog box appears to confirm to print each receipt. (For bulk receipting it is recommended to untick this option).
- Receipt Range – Specifies the Receipt Number range, this should not be changed as it is consistent with your standard receipts
- Then click Next.
- The Summary screen appears – confirm all the details are correct BEFORE clicking Finish.
- Import file – confirm correct location of the Console Pay file.
- Process rent for – Lists the amount and transaction description of processed files (Red transactions appear here but no receipt is printed or transaction listed for this tenant).
- Receipt Range – Shows you the specified Receipt Range.
- And – Items listed are Banklink Wizard defaults.
- The Finished the Banklink Wizard screen displays.
- Click Close to exit.
Note: Any failed transaction will be detailed in the Banklink report and can be reprocessed if required.
Re-processing Failed Transactions
Once the issues from the failed transactions have been remedied you can reprocess the transactions.
- Go to the main menu, click Transactions, then Banklink Wizard.
- Click Next then select Re-process failed transactions.
- Follow the process as above, the previously failed transaction should now appear in black and able to be processed.