Gateway reads the printer information from the registry on your computer. The registry will remember all printers, even if they have been removed from the Printers and Devices area.
In order to remove the printers in Gateway, they MUST first be deleted from the registry.
- Click Start menu of your computer. Type Run
- Open the Run box and type in Regedit then click OK.
- The Registry Edit appears
- The location you need to navigate to is:
(NOTE: each section below is a folder)
Simply navigate to each folder until you reach Devices.
- Once you reach the Devices folder you will see your printers on the right-hand side.
Highlight the printer you want to remove. Right click the printer and select DELETE.
- Once you have deleted the relevant printers you can go to File then Exit in the Registry Editor.