Console Gateway has many features and functions which are designed to allow you to manage your documents and attachments.
These include the ability to automatically email your invoices to Owners with their Statements, easy storage and access of correspondence and files such as Letters, Emails, and Images.
Attaching invoices to automatically email with Owner Statements
- When creating a new Pending or Journal Payment in Gateway, once you have selected the Transaction type of Owner, and put in the payment Details, there is a small icon in the transaction information which looks like an envelope with a paper clip and a blank space under it as seen in the below example. This is where you can attach a copy of your invoice.
- Click in the blank space (highlighted above) to open the Browse window allowing you to search your computer for a scanned or electronic version of your invoice.
- Select the Invoice you wish to attach and then choose Open to link it to your payment in Gateway. You will now be able to see that the blank space beneath the envelope now has an image of what type of file you attached – the below example is a PDF attachment.
- Complete the payment as normal then click OK. If this is a pending payment waiting to be processed, or a past payment you have already processed, you can view the attachment by going to Transactions, then selecting Payments.
- The Payments window will open. You can organise the list by clicking the Date header until a small down-pointing arrow appears beside it, to bring the most recent payments to the top. Once you have located the payment in question, you can right click it and select Open to view the payment information.
- View the attachment by right-clicking the attachment icon and selecting Open, the file will open and you can print or email as the program allows.
- The Payments window view can also be adjusted to assist with finding particular payments. Go to Tools, then Field Chooser in the Payments Window and add or remove any fields as required.
- Now that you have the fields you wish to sort by and show, go to View, then Filter to select whether to show only Pending Payments, only Processed Payments or both (by leaving it unticked) as well as only displaying a certain payment kind (such as only Cheque Payments or only Journals). Additionally, in the Advanced tab you can filter by Creditor, Payer, Invoice number or Date easily.
- This will update what payments show in the Payments screen for you to sort through.
Saving Documents to a File as an Action
There are times where you will either generate or receive a document relating to a contact (Owner, Creditor, Tenant, etc) such as a contract or notice which you will want to save against the file for future reference. Attaching these files is a simple process accomplished by creating a New Task.
- Open the Owner and click the New Document button. Note: You can use this same process to save documents to other file types in Gateway but the Owner file is the only one that will attach the documents to the Statement for emailing.
- An Insert File window will open where you can search your computer for the file you wish to attach. Either double click on the file or highlight and click Open.
- The document will then be automatically attached to a Document Task. Fill out all the information in the Task including any further action required in the comments section, a due date the Task needs to be completed by, or if there is no further action required, you can fill out the completed date and time.
- Once you have filled out the Task details, select Save and Close to save it against the selected file as an Action (in this case, we can see it is saved against the owner Tony Edwards). If you need to find this letter again within Gateway, open the linked file and go to the Actions tab. Make sure you are choosing to show Completed actions with the tick box on the right – additionally, you can choose to show only a certain type of Actions by filtering the “Show All actions for this File” box to show only Documents or Emails, etc. If you wish to organise by Date or Subject instead, click the heading for either column to show an arrow indicating the sorting direction as per the below image which we can see is organised by Date and the completed Actions are in grey.
- Once you have located the Action you require, double click it to open and view all associated information and attachments.
Filtering, Managing and Searching for all Actions using the Tasks View
All Actions you create in Gateway are stored together in the Tasks View which can be found under Gateway Bar on the left side of the screen. Here you can easily sort, open, delete, print and create new Actions. Here we will look at how to effectively manage these Actions in Gateway.
Filtering and managing Actions in the Tasks View
- The first step is to make sure that your Tasks View has no current filter applied. You can do this by right clicking in your list of Tasks, selecting Customise Current View. You should see the Filter states “Off” – if not, then click Filter, then Clear All in the bottom right. Press OK, then close to set the view to default.
- Just above your list of Tasks you should see a Look For search box (if this is not there, press the Find button in the Menu Bar at the top to make it visible). Beside this, click Search In and change Subject field only to Frequently-used fields – this will search for Attachment Sizes, Subject, Notes, User and Type of Task.
- Now that the Filter has been reset, we will search for a Task. The letter we saved to our Task earlier had the subject “Letter from Owner”, so to search for this we will type “letter from” in the Look for box and then click Find Now – as you can see in the below example, this has removed all other Tasks except for ones containing “letter for” in the subject. If you double click the Task, it will open and you can then access any attachments. This is a great tool to use when you do not know who the attachment/task you are looking for has been linked to.
- You can also right click the Task and choose to Print the Report Type of File – if you choose Customise you can select Include and filter whether or not to also print Attachments. If you preview the print job, you can export the document and any attachments to a PDF or Microsoft Word file to later email it as well.
- The last step for our document management tutorial, we will look at attaching files to Maintenance or Inspections – this is accomplished in the exact same way for both so we will use a Maintenance attachment for our example
Attaching a file to a Maintenance Request
- Whether you are opening an existing Maintenance or creating a new Maintenance request, you can easily attach a document by going to the Menu Bar and selecting Insert, then File.
- This will bring up a Browse prompt which you can use to find the file you wish to attach. Once you have located it, select Open to attach.
- As per our previous examples, you can now see the attachment at the bottom of the File and open it by double clicking it. Once again, from there you then Print, Save or Email as needed.