7.68.1893 (June 2021)
- Improved content in migration process reporting
Minor efficiency improvements in general reporting
7.67.1851 (May 2021)
The ledgers generated as part of the migration process will now have the correct headings
7.66.1802 (April 2021)
- The migration finalization functionality available in Tools – Options – General has been consolidated. Now there is a single button that will start the finalization process, allowing you to generate critical reports (like trial balances), owner ledgers and tenant ledgers and make them available to Console in order to finalize your migration to Console Cloud
7.65.1764 (March 2021)
- It is now possible to export your Tenant and Owner Ledgers for migration purposes. When requested by a Console representative, simply go into Tools – Options – General and click on the appropriate button. The reports will be sent to Console and used as part of your migration to Console Cloud
7.64.1518 (July 2020)
The software will no longer allow you to enter a very large value for an Invoice item (i.e. in excess of $2 billion). The maximum value is now limited to $2,147,483,647.00. If you try to enter a value larger than this, the software will stop you with a warning
The software will now display Invoice amounts up to $100 million correctly when printed
The software will now display values up to $1 million correctly on printed Financial Year Statements
The software will no longer crash when importing a file through Banklink, the “process part payments” option is turned off and a rent value less than $1 is encountered. Those lucky tenants who have such low rent will now process correctly
The software will now send Console Cloud migration readiness reports for Sales only databases
7.63.1422 (May 2020)
- Console Gateway now supports the Igloo integration through Realworks (QLD). This enables forms that can be signed digitally, like the General Tenancy Agreement through the Realworks app.
- The software will no longer incorrectly stop you from editing the Categories for a file when the category list gets set to an invalid value.
7.62.1370 (April 2020)
- We’ve updated the Gateway NSW Condition Report, to be in line with the NSW legislation changes and the new prescribed format.
- Weblink Wizard – Uploads made to realestate.com.au have now been updated with their new specifications for images, to enable the upload to work effectively.
- SQL Server 2019 is now officially supported (only when running on Windows).
- Windows Server 2019 is also now officially supported.
- Property managers with long user names previously made the statement process fail if the name was more than 50 characters. We’ve now adjusted this so that these long names will be cut short at 50 characters, but allow the statements process to be completed.
7.61.1325 (March 2020)
- For the new tenant bond disbursement feature for direct debit bonds, we’ve now also added the additional ability to change the date of the payment leaving the trust account. This was added as a direct result of user feedback, to enable you to more accurately represent when the funds were taken/paid.
7.60.1253 (January 2020)
- Are you struggling to efficiently represent tenant bonds that are automatically withdrawn from your trust account by the bond authority? This release contains a feature that allows you to deal with those bond disbursements in bulk instead of one by one.
- As a direct result of user feedback, it is now possible to see actions for related Contacts directly within Creditor files. Actions include things like inspections, emails and maintenance
- Intermittent timeouts when viewing ConsolePay scheduled payments should now be less frequent
7.59.1155 (December 2019)
- Are you struggling to efficiently represent tenant bonds that are automatically withdrawn from your trust account by the bond authority? This release contains a BETA feature that allows you to deal with those bond disbursements in bulk instead of one by one. If you want to give it a shot, please contact Console support to have it enabled in your environment
- As a direct result of user feedback, it is now possible to see actions for related Contacts directly within the Tenant and Owner files. Actions include things like inspections, emails and maintenance
- Minor code optimization when first opening a database which should result in slightly faster load times
7.58.1085 (November 2019)
- We’ve jazzed up the customer feedback form that we included in the last release. It should now be easier to fill out and also includes the ability to add comments on what you enjoy about Gateway, and also what you’d like to see improved. We’re looking forward to seeing what you have to say!
- You should see the Licence Activation screen less often now, as we’ve enhanced the licencing process with more smarts to enable it to solve more licensing issues automatically.
- We’ve now enabled the Realworks (QLD only) integration to work correctly for their new Igloo digital signing process, which currently allows digital signing of the Form 18A General Tenancy Agreement.
- The software should now upload price information for Sales properties to Domain correctly when using the Weblink Wizard.
7.57.9861 (October 2019)
- Console Pay – We’ve done some significant improvements to the Console Pay invitation email that gets sent to your Tenants. It is now simpler and more streamlined, and should help increase the success of getting your tenants signed up to Console Pay easily!
- You can now submit feedback about Gateway through the software! Check the right most section of the main menu for this new feature and be sure to leave some feedback. We’re listening!
- When saving a ‘file’ in Gateway, the software would often crash if it was having a connection issue with your database at the time. We’ve now introduced a fix that should reduce how often Gateway crashes under these circumstances.
7.56.9792 (September 2019)
- Back in the July release (7.53), we fixed an issue where merges to Microsoft Word would not work for some versions of Word. Microsoft has since fixed the issue themselves, so this change has been removed. You should be able to painlessly merge to Word just like you could in the good old days
- The Custom Tab in Gateway is now larger! More custom fields on display = more fun
- The email inbox integration in the software should now no longer cause outgoing emails to be marked as Junk or delayed when used with Microsoft email accounts
- The software should no longer crash when scrolling through a very large number of views in the left navigation bar
- Changing the NZ Account number in a file will no longer result in two entries in the audit log
- Clicking full details button when database is not opened leads to crash
7.54.9675 (August 2019)
- Console Pay – You can now schedule automatic sending of Tenant invites via email or SMS (i.e. weekly, fortnightly, or monthly). To enable this feature, go to Console Pay – Utilities.
- Console Pay – It is now possible to clear a schedule for a Payer (i.e. remove all future scheduled payments) without having to cancel the Payer itself. This will allow you to keep the Payer active for one-off payments and will make it easier to recreate a schedule for that Payer in the future if necessary.
- Fixed an issue introduced in 7.53.9544 which lead to a crash when opening and closing past BPay payments with a property transaction type.
- When using Weblink uploads to Trade Me, the listing ID wasn’t long enough to always work correctly. We’ve now updated how long the listing ID can be to correct this for future uploads.
- There was an issue where sometimes BPAY Bank Files were generated with invalid characters – causing the upload to fail. We’ve fixed it so this no longer happens.
- We’ve now created the ability for you to open and edit the templates for a blank receipt, printed cheques and user reports – which were previously unable to be changed.
- There was an issue where Gateway would crash, if a journal was created for tenants that couldn’t be located in Gateway. Gateway will no longer crash when this happens.
- There was an issue where Gateway would sometimes crash, when completing a payment for tenant bonds. We don’t like this happening either, so we put a stop to it.
- Sales investment deposits used to create a blank cheque when being processed, which we didn’t think was very useful. We now stopped it from creating them.
- Console Pay – There used to be a problem where tenants that were attached to an inactive property couldn’t be viewed from Console Pay. We thought this was downright unhelpful, so we’ve changed it so you can now access the tenant, even when the property is inactive.
- Console Pay – Email invites used to fail when the tenant’s name or email address contained ‘special’ characters. We’ve now fixed this, so the invitation will not be adversely affected by these characters any longer.
7.53.9573 (July 2019)
- HOTFIX: Fixed an issue introduced in 7.53.9544 which lead to a crash when opening and closing past BPay payments with a property transaction type.
7.53.9544 (July 2019)
- Inactive creditors are no longer shown by default when using Advanced Find as part of creating or editing Maintenance. If you want to use an inactive creditor you can include them in the search results by enabling the appropriate option in the search screen
- You can now use the GST value for a Rental Property when creating custom views and filters
- It is now possible to show the transacting user on a receipt template. This is the user who actually performed the receipt and is distinct from the user who is currently logged in (the only previously available option)
- Invoice messages are now able to be much longer. Not infinite, but pretty long
- Console Pay – Reduce the amount of time it takes to invite large numbers of Tenants to use Console Pay. This improvement works for both SMS and Email invites
- Console Pay – It is now easier to end a tenancy and ensure that only the appropriate amount of money is taken. When configuring Rent Schedules you can limit the total amount to the amount to vacate
- Console Pay – It is now possible to schedule one-off payments for Water. These payments will be directly allocated to Water when they are receipted
- Console Pay – When Bond is receipted, it will now show complete details (i.e. full/partial breakdown)
- There should no longer be an issue merging via Microsoft Word. There was an in issue in the April Office 2016/365 update but we’ve worked around it. Please contact support if you continue to experience issues merging to Microsoft Word
- If you leave the software running over multiple days and nights it will only prompt you to update the system date once
- Direct Credit References for Tenants that contain leading or trailing spaces will now be automatically cleaned up when saving. This prevents issues when using those references in Banklink
- Tenants with blank Direct Credit References will no longer cause QIF file processing in Banklink to not work correctly
- Strange or unexpected characters in a Tenants BPay Customer Reference will no longer cause issues when that Tenant is used as part of the bulk Creditor BPay workflow
- Invoices that are somehow not associated with a valid file (i.e. Tenant, Owner, etc) can no longer be processed through the Direct Debit section of Banklink. You may remember a similar issue from the May release, which covered off the Direct Credit side of things
- It is no longer possible to create duplicate journals via the F4 Journal screen when the computer that Gateway is running on is slow and the user is impatient
- The software should no longer crash when printing a Work Order Report for Maintenance created through Live Agent
- The software should no longer crash when generating a Bond Statement and a specific Tenant or Property has an incredibly long File As
- The EFT statement now displays the Bank Account Name on every line, just to make sure there is no ambiguity
- It should no longer be possible to have a GWP template file that does not merge properly. Sometimes the settings in the file were saved badly but the software should fix that when it uses them now
- If an Outlook contact has the audacity to have an apostrophe in their sender name it should no longer cause the sync with Gateway to fail
- Printed invoices for bookings will now show the booking reference
- The Backup form will now work correctly when executed from the Disbursement Wizard
- It should no longer be possible to create a user who is associated with an invalid Trust Account
- REI Form 12 (Eviction Notice) now supports the Full Tenant Name for merging
- Payments created from Maintenance Orders now display the Invoice number correctly
- The software will now merge correctly to a letter when the Full Details option contains the home state
- Reversing a transfer of booking deposit to rent correctly reverses the rent amount
- Console Pay – The Invoices screen should now load faster, especially when there are large number of invoices in the system that have already been paid in full
7.52.9345 (June 2019)
- For users experiencing issues merging via Microsoft Word (as a result of the Office 2016/365 April update), there is now a BETA workaround available for testing. Please contact support to have this workaround enabled
- It is now possible to disburse Bonds via BPAY for QLD users. This functionality is available in the same place as the current BPAY functionality (a new option for Tenant Bond)
- Console Pay – It is now possible to change the Sender ID used for outgoing SMS invites. This option is accessible from the Utilities screen
- Console Pay – It is now possible to dismiss dishonours in bulk
- Console Pay – Tenants without an active payer are no longer shown on the Tenants screen. Instead, they will appear on the Invites screen
- Console Pay – Users no longer need Banklink permissions to access Console Pay
- Weblink Wizard – Uploads made to realestate.com will now only use plain text description (per realxml spec). Other upload locations will continue to include same description formatting as before
- Console Pay – It should no longer be possible for Console Pay to get confused about what database you are currently looking at (this manifested as strange errors relating to ezidebit digital keys)
7.51.9247 (May 2019)
- Console Pay – Tenants can now be directly invited to use Console Pay from within Gateway. On the new Invites tab you can select any Tenant with no associated Payer and send an invitation to them through either email or SMS
- Console Pay – It is now possible to schedule another payment for an invoice that had been previously partially paid through Console Pay
- Console Pay – Historical payments can now be viewed for a Payer. This functionality is available from the “Schedule Management” screen, simply click on the “Share” button and check the “Show Historical Payments” box at the top of the preview
- Console Pay – It is now possible to restrict access to certain sensitive Console Pay functionality (Payer creation/deletion, invites, schedule management) on a user by user basis. Check for this new functionality in the “User Profiles” section of Gateway
- The payments list will now show a summary message for all types of payments, instead of just cheque payments
- Let fee transactions will no longer be identified as such on the Tenant ledger, as this information is irrelevant to the tenant. Instead they will show up as just “Rent”. They will continue to show up as “Let Fee” in other places (like the Owner ledger)
- HOTFIX: Fixed an issue introduced in 7.51.9183 where Console Pay allowed scheduling multiple payments for the same invoice.
- Console Pay – Choosing the “Select All” action on a list with items that are hidden (because of filters or search criteria) will no longer select items that are not visible
- Invalid invoices will no longer be able to be processed through the Banklink Wizard, causing knock on data inconsistencies. These bad invoices were typically created through bugs in the software that have since been fixed
7.50.9060 (April 2019)
- NZ Let Fees – It is now possible to easily charge let fees to owners when in NZ. When receipting the first rent payment, the software will prompt you to take a letting fee and will ensure that the owner is charged appropriately
- The NSW version of the Entry Condition Report now includes space for tenant comments
- HOTFIX: Fixed an issue introduced in 7.50.9044 which caused the database to fail to open if the server was running an older version of SQL Server 2008 R2.
- It should no longer be possible to receipt to an invoice in a bad state and cause a negative balance. Instead, the software will prevent you from receipting to those invoices. If you encounter this issue, please follow the instructions on the screen
- The final EFT debit transactions created as part of a normal EFT disbursement should now appear correctly in the cashbook (with descriptions and details) when in NZ
- The user reassignment tool should now actually work on large databases, instead of crashing and generally not helping
- The software should no longer crash when checking the SQL Server for compatibility but the query times out
- The software should no longer crash if you attempt to connect to an SQL Server that is not configured for Mixed Mode authentication. Instead, you will get an appropriate message
- If you are using Console Pay, you will no longer be reminded to update a Payer linked to a Tenant file when the New Rent Amount is changed to $0
7.49.8853 (March 2019)
- Console Pay – the payer schedule now also shows payments that are currently processing, as well as the payments in the future.
- Weblink Wizard – when uploading listings to realestate.com.au or Webchoice, the Auction Date was not being uploaded. It was essentially ignoring it completely for these websites, meaning extra work was needed to add in the Auction date on these websites. We’ve now corrected this, so the Weblink wizard will now send the Auction date for you.
- Console Pay – We’ve add an improvement to the Invoices screen, where it was previously not remembering which filters were selected when you navigate to another screen. It will now remember this for you, to avoid you having to remember and re-add your filters.
7.48.8709 (February 2019)
- ANZ Transactive Global support – you can now import an ANZ Transactive Global file into Gateway’s Banklink wizard, using the BAI2 file format they provide, to bulk receipt tenant’s payments into Gateway.
- NZ Letting fees – removed ‘Let Fee’ option when receipting to a tenant in New Zealand mode. This has been removed due to it now being illegal to charge tenants a letting fee in New Zealand.
- Fixed an issue introduced in 7.47 which caused Ledger reports to not show From or To details on journal transactions
- Gross Commission bug – Sales gross commission amount was incorrectly displayed as excluding GST, after a sale is created by Sold Wizard. This has been corrected.
- Weblink wizard – Weblink property uploads via Realestate.com.au, Webchoice, Onthehouse.com.au, and Pricefinder.com.au has been updated to use the listing agent from Gateway as the listing agent on the property’s online listing (when a listing agent has been selected). Previously it would always list the Property Manager for these websites, even when a letting agent was selected in Gateway. If no letting agent has been selected, it will use the Property Manager’s name instead.
- The Invoices screen in Console Pay was previously a little slow, when there were many invoices listed. It’s now had it’s performance improved.
- Console Pay now correctly shows a tenant’s updated New Rent Date when the screen is refreshed.
- Console Pay now correctly shows the total scheduled payments amount after one or more scheduled payments is deleted or edited.
7.47.8565 (January 2019)
- It is now possible to exclude creditors that are either inactive or have a zero balance while doing disbursements via the Wizard. This should make it easy to manage disbursements, when you have a large number of creditors that are not always relevant.
- Full EFT information is now automatically included for all transactions in the tenants, bookings, owners, creditors, and sales ledgers. This is primarily of value to those users in Victoria, as this information is required for the software to be compliant with legislation.
- If you manage to include non-printable characters in your bank details, it should no longer cause the system to generate broken EFT files.
- The system should no longer crash when you attempt to save a creditor file with a blank EFT account name. This only occurs when you are opening a creditor that already had a blank EFT account name, perhaps due to historically bad data or similar.
- Let fees that were dissected incorrectly due to an issue only present in Gateway 7.44 have now been retroactively fixed. The issue was mostly visible in EOFY reports, so you might not have noticed, but everything should be fine now anyway.
- An error when attempting to resolve a Console Pay dishonour, when the payment did not have a reference will no longer happen.
- Navigating in a very specific fashion through some of the Console Pay screens will no longer cause embarrassing errors.
- Receipting let fees through Console Pay will now correctly move the Paid To date forward as intended. We’ve fixed an error where a percentage calculated Let Fee was being used, and the math involved made the software think that the remaining rent wasn’t quite enough to move the Paid To date.
- There is now a reliable progress indicator while report previews are loading.
7.46.8290 (November 2018)
- Added information to the Cashbook, for EFT payments to now also show the bank name, alongside the existing EFT transaction information
- Improved the Compact and Repair feature to remove images that were previously thought to be deleted, but were still lingering in the database taking up space
- You’ll now receive updates in Gateway on some additional Console services that you may be interested in
- Fixed an issue introduced in update 7.44, which caused new Let Fee transactions to incorrectly appear on the owners EOFY statement as a negative amount.
- There was a bug where reversing a Journal from Tenant Deposit could sometimes result in the ledger being overdrawn – which we promptly squished.
- The Bond Ledger report was not correctly displaying in the intended landscape mode – this has been corrected.
- There was an issue where deleting an Inspection would not remove it’s images from the database (even though you couldn’t access them), which would annoyingly take up more space – this has now been fixed.
- There were some obscure circumstances that would stop Gateway Update from popping up and telling you a new update was ready, which we thought was downright un-neighbourly. It will now behave, and pop up as intended.
- Console Pay – There was a slight annoyance where dishonored payments using the Gateway generated references, weren’t showing the clickable link back to the Tenant, in the Console Pay dishonored screen. This will now appear as intended.
- When using the portal uploading feature for Realestate.co.nz, Gateway would not recognize previously defined custom FTP addresses and would change to the new default. This has now been rectified.
7.45.8160 (October 2018)
- Inactive creditors will no longer clutter your view when typing into the creditor selection on the details tab, while creating a work order. If you really want to select an inactive creditor, you can do so through the Advanced Find (accessible by clicking on the Creditor button directly)
- Console Pay – You can now group by Property Manager on the Tenants list. This should make it easier to select groups of tenancies if you are doing pod/portfolio based onboarding
- It is no longer possible to accidentally run two single disbursements (i.e. Right-click => Disburse) for the same File at the same time. You can still run disbursements for multiple different files at the same time by selecting them all and electing to disburse, the change just prevents a nasty issue that could cause ledgers to be out of balance
- You can no longer run Banklink and Console Pay Receipting at the same time, as they both do similar things and this could cause strange issues with ledger balances. You can still use them both in your day-to-day, just not at exactly the same time.
- Speaking of Console Pay Receipting, its no longer possible to use the Disbursement Wizard if you’re in the middle of receipting in Console Pay. This could also lead to all sorts of strange ledger issues, so we put a stop to it.
- Scheduling payments for invoices via Console Pay should now prioritize Payers that are actually valid instead of selecting a cancelled, or otherwise inactive Payer and then complaining about it
- Console Pay will no longer crash if you navigate to a specific Tenancy (via the Tenant File => Tools => Console Pay) and then try to go back to the Tenants list
- Console Pay – Use both First name and Surname when doing Console Pay export for Commercials with no Company Name
- Creating a new Contact on a Commercial Tenancy will no longer crash Gateway with the mysterious and much maligned Error 3709
- EFT payment information (used primarily on Ledgers and the Cashbook) will now correctly capture the bank account name
- You can now re-open emails that were saved in Gateway using incorrect date, time and regional settings. This should alleviate any pain in correcting those settings to the ones that Gateway requires
7.44.8019 (September 2018)
- The application will now only prompt you to print cheques during single disbursements if printing cheques is relevant (i.e. the print cheques option is enabled). This means less pointless dialogs to click Cancel on as part of your normal daily workflow.
- Fixed an issue introduced in 7.43 where the reversal of a cheque, with a property transaction line would not show on the owner ledger.
- The application should no longer crash if you attempt to process a let fee for a Property file with the audacity to have an apostrophe ( ‘ ) in a particular place in its File As.
- Interim receipts generated for bookings while a disbursement is in progress now process correctly at the end of the disbursement instead of just causing errors.
- Warnings about incorrect date, time and regional settings are no longer able to be suppressed. These are real issues that will cause problems in your system and should be addressed, not ignored.
- It is no longer possible to accidentally create an invoice to pay an Owner or Creditor that does not exist because you changed your mind and switched from one to the other on the same screen.
7.43.7880 (August 2018)
- Console Pay – You no longer need to use a Tenants Banklink Reference to link them to the Payment Provider. Any existing Payers created with a Banklink Reference will continue to work as expected. This should make it easier to use both Console Pay and Banklink functionality at the same time, and simplify the entire process.
- Console Pay – The list of Invoices will now show all payable invoices by default, rather than only those that are overdue or due in the next few days.
- Console Pay – Invoices can now be hidden in the list, allowing you to remove them from your view because you intend to have them paid outside Console Pay.
- Console Pay – The messages that show up at the top of Console Pay will now give more information when Gateway Connect is not operating correctly.
- Console Pay – You can now easily share a Tenants scheduled payments by printing out the schedule in a nice report and distributing it as appropriate.
- Console Pay – The reports generated from Receipting in Console Pay now give more information about where the money actually went (useful primarily for vacating tenants and overpaid invoices).
- Console Pay – The Tenants list should now display and load faster than it did before.
- HOTFIX: Console Pay – Notifications for Tenants with Active Console Pay Payers will now always show, regardless of the presence of Banklink References.
- Console Pay – You will no longer be able to use Console Pay if your regional date settings are incorrect (they must be dd/MM/yyyy). This prevents payments from being receipted with the wrong dates.
- Console Pay – When receipting payments created for Invoices with long Descriptions (> 45 characters) they will now correctly receipt, instead of failing silently. The resulting description in the Direct Receipting report will be truncated if necessary, but the transaction in Gateway will show the full information.
- Bulk BPay files – Westpac Live format updated and verified with Westpac.
- It is no longer possible to change the EFT Account Details when reprinting a historical Cashbook report by changing the current details in a file.
- The Recycle Bin in Gateway will no longer take many exhaustingly boring minutes to load when you have a lot of deleted files.
- Past payments would incorrectly display “Owner” when displaying “Property” payments
7.42.7740 (July 2018)
- Console Pay – You can now use Console Pay to deduct money for Tenant’s Bond, Initial Rent and Tenant Deposits
- Console Pay – Receipting in Console Pay no longer requires use of Banklink. Instead, when you proceed with Receipting, it will process & create the receipts for you automatically, and give you a report of all receipts processed. You can also re-access this report in Gateway at a future time as needed.
- Westpac Live Business is now supported for Bulk BPAY creditor payments. You can enable this upload type from the BPay tab under options.
- Receipts in Ledgers will now show both the date the funds were receipted, as well as the date the funds were received (into the bank account). This complies with Victorian legislative requirements.
Note: Due to the limited amount of horizontal space available on the Ledger report, we have also had to change the orientation of the report from portrait to landscape in order to fit the additional columns
- Fixed an issue introduced in 7.42.7622 where the Disbursement, Banklink, and Owner Change wizards would not automatically advance after a backup completes successfully.
- The magenta highlight on part pending payments has been restored to correctly indicate when part pending payments do not yet have enough monies to fully process (it was accidentally removed in 7.41).
- Banklink now successfully imports QIF files for your trust account payments received where additional blank lines are present. These were previously preventing the upload until they were removed. This was confirmed to be affecting ANZ customers for their payment upload files created from the bank.
- Bulk BPay disbursement payments for CBA now work for more than 20 payments. Monies for multiple BPay payments leaving the trust will now appear as a single debit on the trust statement.
7.41.7271 (May 2018)
- Console Pay – Tenants & Contacts with Console Pay Payers are now highlighted if those Payers have issues that need your attention (like a missing Bank Account or Invalid Credit Card)
- Console Pay – We’ve made some performance improvements to Console Pay in general that should make it a bit faster when you have lots of Tenants
- Want to learn more about Console Pay? Click here.
- When running a scheduled backup, Gateway can now check the database for corruption to prevent backups of broken databases. This option is enabled by default if you have scheduled backups enabled, but can be disabled if necessary. Please note, all scheduled backups performed with this option enabled will take as long as a full manual backup.
- Console Pay – Fixed an issue where it was possible to schedule a payment for the same invoice more than once.
- TradeME Integration (NZ only) – Fixed an issue where listings pushed to the TradeMe platform via the Weblink Wizard would fail with an encryption error due to recent changes to TLS support in the TradeMe API.
7.40.7016 (April 2018)
- Console Pay – You can now use Console Pay to schedule payments for active Invoices in Gateway. For more information, go here.
- Console Pay – The Reference Check tool (used to help you prepare your Tenancies for Console Pay) will now detect invalid references and help you fix them, rather than just filling in empty ones.
- Console Pay – We’ve generally improved the user experience again. All your normal workflows are still valid, its just a bit prettier and focused now.
- Want to learn more about Console Pay? Click here.
- Console Pay – It should be harder to accidentally schedule multiple payments for the same dishonor if you’re regularly doing database restores now.
7.39.6784 (March 2018)
- Console Pay – New user experience! We’ve listened to your feedback and rearranged all the Console Pay features and functionality to flow more smoothly, allowing you to focus on what you need to do
- Console Pay – You can now view payments that have been dishonored, allowing you action them accordingly (they can be manually resolved, or you can schedule a new payment)
- Console Pay – If you have any questions, we’ve put together some instructional videos to hopefully answer them
- The Sales EFT Statement will no longer show the incorrect bank account name, and is now consistent with the EFT file generated
- Invoices paid through Banklink will now be correctly withheld from owners if they are uncleared
- Banklink imports for files with full account information will no longer incorrectly mark the transactions as Direct Debit
- If you preview the Banklink process, it will no longer incorrectly mark invoices that were previewed as done
- Gateway will no longer crash when it tries to validate the deletion of certain files
- Gateway will no longer crash when you try to change disbursement creditors
- Gateway will no longer crash if you try to set a Property reference that it does not like
- Gateway will no longer crash if you accidentally hit the [ key when trying to search
7.38.6547 (February 2018)
- Console Pay is now fully integrated! Proactive rent collection to reduce arrears and auto-receipt to save you time; all within your Gateway system.
- Want to learn more about Console Pay? Click here.
- ADL forms integration now supports calculated arrears fields (e.g. Notice to remedy breach)
- REIForms integration now supports new rent fields (e.g. Notice of rent increase)
- Files generated for Bulk BPAY creditor payments for Bankwest now correctly contain the agency BSB
- Sale statements opening balances are no longer incorrectly calculated in rare cases after the close of a month
- Tenants can no longer be deleted if water funds are still held in trust, preventing ledgers from becoming out of balance
- Owner fees will no longer be incorrectly calculated if an invoice transaction description contained special words (like discount, rebate and deduction)
- Gateway now better handles attachments that have a long filename
- Improved stability to prevent Gateway from crashing when you try to open a Word Document and Microsoft Word is not installed
- Improved stability to prevent Gateway from crashing occasionally after sending an email
- Improved stability to prevent Gateway from crashing after saving an owner file
7.37.6277 (January 2018)
- Bankwest is now supported for Bulk BPAY creditor payments
- The ADL Forms integration has been improved to include more fields on generated forms
- SQL Server 2017 is now supported (only when SQL Server is running on Windows)
- Console Pay Receipting: Payments can now be viewed by day/month when receipting, and individual or groups of payments can now be selected for processing. This is useful when you need to only process payments up to a certain date, like the end of a month, when there are already payments for the first few days in the next month
- Console Pay Receipting: A warning banner will now show you if there are Payers with incorrect information (e.g. wrong reference numbers) that would impact automated receipting, so that you can correct the problem
- Want to learn more about Console Pay? Click here.
- Reprocessing a direct debit file now correctly shows the associated transaction on the Cashbook as direct debit
- If you have a high number of Holiday bookings, Gateway should no longer crash when you try to create a payment for Booking Bond. Note: As part of this fix, inactive bookings are no longer included by default and can be found via the (Find..) drop down selection
- Custom passwords entered into the PDSLive Portal in the Weblink Wizard should now be remembered correctly
- Corrected a rare issue where Weblink Wizard uploads could also include unrelated images.
- Corrected a rare issue which caused Gateway to run slowly when the database server name being used was “(local)”
7.36.5984 (November 2017)
- Console Pay improvements – using the keyboard to tab around the screen is now ordered.
- Banklink now remembers print receipts and prompt before printing preferences.
- .Net 4.5.2 is now mandatory requirement and will be installed automatically where required.
- Console Pay now handles blank reference numbers gracefully.
- Banklink re-processing report missing the properties name.
- JPG floor-plan images uploaded to Webchoice are getting renamed with .GIF extension.
- To ensure consistency the Owner change wizard now blocks properties where outstanding tenant invoices remains.
7.35.5766 (October 2017)
Console Pay improvements
- The setup screen ‘Save file to’ location is now remembered for next time.
- Console Pay screen now warns of any inactivity or errors the payments plugin may have encountered.
- Console Pay On-boarding tools improvements:
- The Banklink Reference Auto-fill will allocate a reference number to tenants that have Direct Debit set as their payment method. If these tenants later choose to sign with Console Pay or use Direct Credit, their Method will need to be updated in the Banklink settings screen.
- The Tenant Data Export file will now adhere to the following criteria:
- Tenancies that meet the following conditions are not included in export file:
- Tenancy marked inactive or deleted
- Linked Contact (i.e. tenant) marked inactive or deleted
- Holiday properties
- Debit start date will be 2 business days before paid to date
- The payment schedule will be set to ‘Ongoing’ for all exported tenants and will not have values present in the “Number of payments” or “total payable amount” fields.
- In the rare cases when a Gateway tenancy has a four-weekly period, this will be marked as an on-demand payment (i.e. not scheduled) and the rest of the row should be blank.
- When the property is commercial it will be present in the file as a business entity (as opposed to individual) and company name will be used as “surname” if it is available.
- Tenancies that meet the following conditions are not included in export file:
- Fixed an issue when printing to REI Online forms where the form would not display correctly if the size of Windows text, apps and other items was set higher than 100%.
- Fixed an issue where the incorrect transaction dates was being applied when re-processing failed banklink transactions
7.34.5694 (September 2017)
- Console Pay is now available! See Console Pay Upgrade for more information on how you can improve your rent collection and reduce your receipting time
- SQL Server 2016 is now officially supported
- Windows Server 2016 is now officially supported
- The default FTP address in the Weblink Wizard for Domain has been updated
- Invalid BPay paths no longer cause issues when BPay is not being used. This manifested as ‘Error 76’ and could occur in a number of places inside Gateway Live, but the most common was as part of the Disbursement Wizard
- Failures to execute Gateway Live automatic software updates should be more descriptive and actionable. The most common cause of problems with the update are overzealous anti-virus or anti-malware programs, so check for unwarranted file quarantines or lockdowns
- Gateway Live should now behave better when the system setting for ‘changing the size of text, apps and other items’ is set to some value other than 100%, which is generally the default for high resolution screens
7.33.5542 (July 2017)
- In rare cases, if Owners have outstanding invoices for a Property and the ownership is transferred to a new Owner, money receipted to the invoice would not show up on Owner Statements.
- Opening a Rental Property with complicated Custom or Description tabs is now faster.
- The OnlineAgent advertisement on Owner statements has been removed as OnlineAgent is no longer available.
- If the Filestream upgrade fails, it will now show more information as to why it failed.
- Selecting all Properties on the Payments Wizard now reliably selects all of the properties, not a subset.
- Processing Cheque Payments in the Payment Wizard no longer causes an error to pop up on the screen.
- GatewayLive now uses new URLs for licensing renewal purposes.
7.32.4 (May 2017)
- Gateway Live now installs .NET 4.5.2. This may take up to 10 minutes to complete on first run. Please be patient.
- Fixed: Missing progress indicator in faster backup screens.
- Fixed: Touch devices could crash Gateway when accessing attachments on actions
7.32.3 (April 2017)
- Gateway log now captures all changes made on the properties file details tab.
- Fixed: Tenant ledger sometimes appearing blank where Banklink invoice transaction with very large description is present.
- Fixed: Intermittently unable to login after restoring an old database backup and converting the database to the latest version.
7.32.2 (Dec 2016)
- Backup time reductions via the new differential capabilities (located under Tools > Backup Now)
- Maintenance work order and quotations reports now display the tenants email address.
- Improved Gateway logs navigation and start-up times
- Improved logging for Owner Change Wizard
- Improved error messaging when single emails fails to send over non TLS connection.
- Accounts payable invoices will now be processed in the order they were finalized by the 3rd party.
- Accounts payable now detects and skips half processed invoices (from previous environmental interruptions)
- Upgraded full installer and updater certificates to comply with SHA-256 security standards.
- Fixed: Re-printing tenant ledgers after monthly close could sometimes display incorrect opening
- Fixed: Weblink domain uploads sometimes having incorrect image order.
- Fixed: Journals could be duplicated by tapping Enter key twice.
- Fixed: Journals already reversed could be reversed again with Enter key.
- Fixed: Receipts could be double reversed when tapping Enter key twice.
- Fixed: Rare scenario which caused the Send Assist statements to not send and display a sequence error.
- Fixed: Full installer automatically restarting computer when selecting No on upgrade scenario.
- Fixed: Backups would intermittently fail on Windows 7 machines with asynchronous connection error (if those machines did not have .NET 4.5.1 installed).
- Fixed: Maintenance reports phones numbers sometimes overlapping email address.
Support for Windows Vista, and Windows Server 2008 has been discontinued, for the following reasons:
- There are known problems with installing/upgrading Gateway Live, as these operating systems do not support the SHA-256 certificates that we use for signing our installer.
- There are known issues with the new Backup/Restore functionality not functioning consistently, specifically on these operating systems.
- Statistics showed that there were less then 90 offices who were actively using these operating systems or earlier.